Oh jeez, I needa find a way to make this concise. ^^;
As a general rule for all three, they’re canon in either the one-sided or very much strongly implied-canon sense. And also I prefer hetero pairings that are around the same age, as I said because that’s just what happens to float my boat.
1. His crush is adorable, and I feel really bad for Tobey, and I just want him to be happy.
2. Lately the shiptease has been making WordGirl/Becky seem a little less entirely opposed to Tobey??? So I don’t think she’d be miserable with him or anything as long as he got his act together.
3. Again, they’re similar (smart, arrogant, kind of impatient, etc.) but different enough to challenge each other. Plus I want WordGirl/Becky to reform Tobey. xD
4. I think they’d have fun constantly messing with each other and trying to out-do the other in everything. :3 Also going to art museums and reading books together and avoiding the gross outdoors and READING THE DICTIONARY THE NERDS.
5. They deserve each other, the little snot-nosed dweebs. Seriously who else is going to put up with their shenanigans? xD
1. They’re so similar they just work together. Ditsy, naive, awkward… they’re two peas in a pod.
2. I think it makes a lot of sense, given the storylines, that they’d gravitate toward each other. They’re both friends with Becky, but she’d always have to run out and fight crime whenever the three of them are hanging out together, so then the two of them are just left to each other. And they’ve probably bonded over the sadness they feel, wondering if Becky is actually their friend or not because she’s always ditching them. MUTUAL COMFORT YAY.
3. They’re both artistic types. :3
They will have beautiful football headed babies who are complete numbskulls. I mean, they’re already friends for a reason, so I think the jump to more-than-friends is really believable.
4. They’re both in each others’ leagues. xD I hate to say it, but there it is. Also I like shipping them because I am anti Scecky. Not that Scecky is the worst ship out there, but I appreciate how the show demonstrates that you have to make sacrifices when you’re a hero and you don’t always get what you want. Also I don’t feel it’s clear what Becky sees in Scoops since she’s frequently underwhelmed by his headlines? xD And he’s not very smart or interested in words… I dunno. I just think Scoops and Violet have more chemistry. It’s easier to see WHY they like each other.
5. All the background shiptease. I am slain.
1. OHMYGOSH OKAY. It’s just so delightfully unexpected and fabulous?!?! Some of the best ships are ones that are harder to pull off. If someone had shipped them before “A Questionald Pair” aired, I would’ve been really confused and kinda concerned. XD But the show made their affection for each other SO. FREAKING. PLAUSIBLE. I just. I am dead.
2. They’re actually perfect for each other because what Ms. Question needs is for someone to enjoy the fact that she asks so many questions rather than to be annoyed by it, and what Reginald needs is for someone to express interest in him, ask him about himself, and not get annoyed by the fact that he’s super arrogant and talks about himself a lot.
3. Similar to what I said about Lady, Reginald doesn’t like people. At all. He basically said that in the episode. He thinks everyone is below him and he never shares and he never admits that he might’ve made a mistake about something. But he genuinely enjoys the company of Ms. Question. And not just tolerating her either. Freaking Reginald, of ALL people, actively asks her to spend time with him, SHARES his fancy food with her, and lets himself believe that maybe he made the mistake of misplacing jewels because he’s so taken aback by his newfound friend. That’s so unusual for him, that we know he wouldn’t do it unless this was kinda serious/special, if that makes sense? And Ms. Question isn’t even rich, so it’s not like he’d have respect for her like he might for the other rich people in the city (e.g. Edith von Hoosinghaus). She’s not even a regular townsperson. She’s a KNOWN CRIMINAL whose robbed him before, so by all rights he should think she’s far below him. But he’s just so floored by the fact that someone else was actively expressing interest in him as a person that he believed, despite his whole life of not getting along with people, that he might actually have a friend. Although it’s clear from the episode that ‘friend’ is just what they were saying to not make the episode overly shippy like
The Young And The Meatless was. XD The animation, the background music, the voice acting… yeah, they were totally hitting on each other. Hard.
4. Jerks like Reginald need love. No one else can put up with him. xD
5. I actually used to hate Ms. Question because she lacked the depth that the other villains have. Sure they’re criminals, but all the others have been shown to have more to them that makes them seem like not so bad of a person. This relationship was the first time on the show that Ms. Question seemed to care about anyone else other than herself, and that finally made her more interesting and realistic as a character. So the ship lets me finally appreciate her. :) (Also this is another instance where the voice actors are both super talented and GAH. Perfection.)
…This kind of spun out of control as it went on.
And I do have more reasons for why I ship Tobecky, but it’s just that a lot of people ship them for the same reasons, so sometimes it’s harder to remember the little details since they’ve been analyzed to death already. If that makes sense.
Anyway I hope this answered your question. :)
Oh jeez, I needa find a way to make this concise. ^^;
Oh gosh, that’s hard, haha! xD But a very interesting and fun question - thanks for asking! :)
1. It’s arguably canon, in a way, and I like canon things. And as soon as I saw that episode, it just kind of clicked me for? It’s hard to explain, but I guess just the way I interpret their personalities on the show is a way that makes them seem totally compatible for me.
2. Villain shiiiiiips~~~. Villains need each other, the poor socially outcast babies. D: They need love in their lives and no one but other villains is going to give it to them. ;A;
3. One of my favorite things in relationships is when characters are similar enough that they get along super-well as bros, but different enough to challenge and bring out the best in the other. I definitely see these two as those types because they’re both sarcastic and sassy and focused on sticking to their theme and smart and leader-types and dependent on incompetent sidekicks and all that. But they’re also not the kind who’d put up with each other’s crap, so I think they’d help each other tone down their less fortunate personality traits. XD Plus they could totally help each other with crime and I picture them as being able to be more natural around each other because they both understand what it’s like to be a villain and what they have to deal with. MUTUAL RESPECT. That’s what I’m getting at.
4. Referring back to arguably canon - in the canon, Lady is seen to dislike pretty much everyone. So the fact that she actually accepts his date requests comes across as a bigger deal for her than it would be for a more friendly character, if that makes sense? Plus they’re usually seen next to each other in the background, and he’s the main male villain while she’s the main female villain and I dunno they just MAKE SENSE together in my head and I wish I could articulate that better. D: Also they’re both half-human, so they wouldn’t be weirded out by each others’ oddities; rather, I think they’d be intrigued by each other.
5. I’ll just use number five as a general ‘random reasons’ section to tie up all the little things that don’t really matter. xD For one thing, I just think they look nice together. They’re color palettes and body structures compliment each other, at least I think. Plus Tom Kenny and Grey DeLisle-Griffin are good friends in real life, and they’ve been in so many of the same shows, so they just have a lot of acting chemistry, and I know if the show actually shipped them, that would come across. Finally, they’re my two favorite characters (of each gender who are around the same age, that is, and I prefer hetero similar-aged ships), so once I got enough shiptease in the canon, the thought of shipping them was just too tempting. XD
Wow these reasons are really in concise. And a lot of them sorta run together instead of fitting into one category… Sorry about that. Brevity and articulation are not my fortes. ^^; Especially when it comes to shipping. :/
Anyway, if you look through my WordGirl tags (since sometimes I forget to tag things as provoclone or DTBxLRW or whathaveyou), I’m sure you’ll find more thinks explaining why I love them together. :)
important shipping questions 2 keep in mind
- which one is abysmal at roller skating and has to hold onto the other
- which one gets hiccups every time they drink something fizzy
- which one always joins the group dances at the skating rink
- which one listens to new songs on loop until the other can’t stand it
- which one tags the other in embarrassing photos without asking first
- which one had a short-lived interest in learning the ukulele
- which one keeps posting memes on facebook
Why don’t more people talk about Emma? I mean, the book or the movies. Or really any of Jane Austen’s stories for that matter.
The whole thing is basically just people gossiping over their ships and getting ticked off when the canon gets in the way. :T
And Emma is more extreme than the rest of them. XD I mean, you’ve got about 5 young women and 5 young men, and the whole thing is basically trying to figure out how they’re all going to get paired up. >:D
I feel like I should add something to this… and there are several things in the lineart I’m not pleased with. But given the circumstances and how much time and energy it would take to change it, I guess this is the best I can reasonably hope for. :/ I’ll try to be content with it, I suppose. I mean, I am trying out some new techniques, so I’m guess I’m glad with the fact that they didn’t crash and burn… xD But I feel like my lineart in general has been having trouble lately… hm… maybe it’s my tiredness and lack-of-a-pencil-I-like. :T Actually, it’s weird. I think I’m just looking at even more details. ‘Cause sometimes I look at my lineart and feel less pleased with it than I had been, but in some ways when I look at it I realize that I’ve managed to fix some of the things that were problems in my older art… so I’m really conflicted about art in general right now. @_@
Also, I apologize if anyone used this idea before. I don’t remember that anyone has, but I’m so bad at getting ideas for these two, that I’ve just come to start assuming that anything I come up with has been done already. ^^;
I don’t know what I’m doing with my art style anymore. :$ And I don’t just mean the outline thing. I mean, I keep using different combinations of attempts at realism, but then lately I’ve been trying to bring back in a few more show elements and now I’m just all befuddled and junk. -__-|| I mean, I can’t even decide on color palettes. I feel like some people make art so simple. They pick a color that’s close and stick with it. I, on the other hand, will spend a half an hour trying to decide if WordGirl’s suit needs a tiny bit more red or not, and if Tobey’s pants are too light compared to his vest! *dies*
P.S. - Becky, why is your face so freaking hard to draw asldkfjaslkdfjasdf?!?! Trying to draw her just isn’t a pleasant experience for me IDON’TEVENKNOWANYMORE. :(
DeviantART… stop lying to me. :|
You, of all websites, know darn well there’s no such thing as free shipping.
It costs all fangirls an arm and a leg to ship.
And by that I mean all our emotions and sanity ‘cause the OTP feels are just too much.
♪A beautiful and blinding morning
The world outside begins to breathe
See clouds arriving without warning
I need you here to shelter me
And I know that only time will tell us how
To carry on without each other
So keep me awake to memorize you
Give me more time to feel this way
We can’t stay like this forever
But I can have you next to me today♪
I’ve been listening to a lot of kinda sad songs lately…
But on the other side of things, I’ve also been working on headcanons… with varying degrees of silliness. XD Actually it’s kinda crazy ‘cause I’ve been having more ideas than normal lately, but less time to draw, so it feels like I have more ideas than I actually do. O_o; And since so many episodes aired at once, I think that some of the things I noticed and getting all jumbled up in my head with some of the heacanons. I’m not really sure. I’m too tired. Why am I even trying to post something coherent? XD
I’m also just so relieved that I finished a picture, though. I haven’t been drawing very much. ^^; And I feel like I haven’t drawn these two in forever, even though it really hasn’t been that long. XD Oh well. I’m a shipper. So sue me. ^^; Oh, and I don’t really feel like fully explaining this picture. I’ll explain it on dA when I get around to posting it.
I’m trying to make my art more detailed. Is it working?
This is GalaxyFriday’s birthday gift because she couldn’t tell me what she wanted.
So she gets something bizarre. XD
At least there’s no question as to who this picture is coming from though… this picture has my crazy splattered all over it. XDDDD
This picture is totally late, though, ‘cause I couldn’t finish in time. D:
I don’t like how Tobey’s eyes/glasses turned out, and I got lazy with WordGirl’s hands, but aside from that… I guess I’m too tired to be dissatisfied. XD
Plus I’m noticing more details creeping their way into my art. :O That’s exciting. :]
(Lol, I wonder if Soup2Nuts has caught on to the whole Trollin’ McClean thing yet… considering he even appears in the comic books, though, I’m really starting to think that they already have their own inside jokes about him… I’m very suspicious…)
There are officially 9 Drady Twedundant Broman pictures on deviantART which
THIS IS REALLY AWESOME. OH MY GOSH. I’M FANGIRLING SO HARD RIGHT NOW.
I THINK I WANT TO FEATURE ALL OF THEM IN A JOURNAL ON THE 29TH FOR MY SHIPPIVERSARY.
SO MUCH FANGIRL SCREAMING
I’m not crazy… *hides*