For those who don’t know - I messaged mug-of-power asking for a second palette in which to draw Reginald, and she chose 14. I love palette 14, but I’m a little sad that Reginald came out looking like freaking Peppermint Butler.
I’m really not satisfied with this one, especially compared to the others, but I guess I’m just glad I didn’t put it off any longer?
Their heads are still too big. I needa figure that out. And the angles didn’t work out how I planned. I mean, I guess it’s not bad considering that I don’t practice drawing these two, but… I’m having more trouble with some of these palettes than I expected. I think I’m missing some sort of epiphany in regard to how to use them…
Anyway! I’m completely open to doing more. I’d just rather be asked to use a palette that I haven’t already. I’ll probably reblog the ask post again for good measure. :)
P.S. Questionald is a beautiful ship.
What are your top 5 reasons for shipping Tobecky, Sciolet, and Questionald?
Oh jeez, I needa find a way to make this concise. ^^;
As a general rule for all three, they’re canon in either the one-sided or very much strongly implied-canon sense. And also I prefer hetero pairings that are around the same age, as I said because that’s just what happens to float my boat.
1. His crush is adorable, and I feel really bad for Tobey, and I just want him to be happy.
2. Lately the shiptease has been making WordGirl/Becky seem a little less entirely opposed to Tobey??? So I don’t think she’d be miserable with him or anything as long as he got his act together.
3. Again, they’re similar (smart, arrogant, kind of impatient, etc.) but different enough to challenge each other. Plus I want WordGirl/Becky to reform Tobey. xD
4. I think they’d have fun constantly messing with each other and trying to out-do the other in everything. :3 Also going to art museums and reading books together and avoiding the gross outdoors and READING THE DICTIONARY THE NERDS.
5. They deserve each other, the little snot-nosed dweebs. Seriously who else is going to put up with their shenanigans? xD
1. They’re so similar they just work together. Ditsy, naive, awkward… they’re two peas in a pod.
2. I think it makes a lot of sense, given the storylines, that they’d gravitate toward each other. They’re both friends with Becky, but she’d always have to run out and fight crime whenever the three of them are hanging out together, so then the two of them are just left to each other. And they’ve probably bonded over the sadness they feel, wondering if Becky is actually their friend or not because she’s always ditching them. MUTUAL COMFORT YAY.
3. They’re both artistic types. :3
They will have beautiful football headed babies who are complete numbskulls. I mean, they’re already friends for a reason, so I think the jump to more-than-friends is really believable.
4. They’re both in each others’ leagues. xD I hate to say it, but there it is. Also I like shipping them because I am anti Scecky. Not that Scecky is the worst ship out there, but I appreciate how the show demonstrates that you have to make sacrifices when you’re a hero and you don’t always get what you want. Also I don’t feel it’s clear what Becky sees in Scoops since she’s frequently underwhelmed by his headlines? xD And he’s not very smart or interested in words… I dunno. I just think Scoops and Violet have more chemistry. It’s easier to see WHY they like each other.
5. All the background shiptease. I am slain.
1. OHMYGOSH OKAY. It’s just so delightfully unexpected and fabulous?!?! Some of the best ships are ones that are harder to pull off. If someone had shipped them before “A Questionald Pair” aired, I would’ve been really confused and kinda concerned. XD But the show made their affection for each other SO. FREAKING. PLAUSIBLE. I just. I am dead.
2. They’re actually perfect for each other because what Ms. Question needs is for someone to enjoy the fact that she asks so many questions rather than to be annoyed by it, and what Reginald needs is for someone to express interest in him, ask him about himself, and not get annoyed by the fact that he’s super arrogant and talks about himself a lot.
3. Similar to what I said about Lady, Reginald doesn’t like people. At all. He basically said that in the episode. He thinks everyone is below him and he never shares and he never admits that he might’ve made a mistake about something. But he genuinely enjoys the company of Ms. Question. And not just tolerating her either. Freaking Reginald, of ALL people, actively asks her to spend time with him, SHARES his fancy food with her, and lets himself believe that maybe he made the mistake of misplacing jewels because he’s so taken aback by his newfound friend. That’s so unusual for him, that we know he wouldn’t do it unless this was kinda serious/special, if that makes sense? And Ms. Question isn’t even rich, so it’s not like he’d have respect for her like he might for the other rich people in the city (e.g. Edith von Hoosinghaus). She’s not even a regular townsperson. She’s a KNOWN CRIMINAL whose robbed him before, so by all rights he should think she’s far below him. But he’s just so floored by the fact that someone else was actively expressing interest in him as a person that he believed, despite his whole life of not getting along with people, that he might actually have a friend. Although it’s clear from the episode that ‘friend’ is just what they were saying to not make the episode overly shippy like
The Young And The Meatless was. XD The animation, the background music, the voice acting… yeah, they were totally hitting on each other. Hard.
4. Jerks like Reginald need love. No one else can put up with him. xD
5. I actually used to hate Ms. Question because she lacked the depth that the other villains have. Sure they’re criminals, but all the others have been shown to have more to them that makes them seem like not so bad of a person. This relationship was the first time on the show that Ms. Question seemed to care about anyone else other than herself, and that finally made her more interesting and realistic as a character. So the ship lets me finally appreciate her. :) (Also this is another instance where the voice actors are both super talented and GAH. Perfection.)
…This kind of spun out of control as it went on.
And I do have more reasons for why I ship Tobecky, but it’s just that a lot of people ship them for the same reasons, so sometimes it’s harder to remember the little details since they’ve been analyzed to death already. If that makes sense.
Anyway I hope this answered your question. :)
Not my best work by a longshot, especially in terms of sizing. But considering I haven’t really draw a complete pic of Ms. Question and I’ve never drawn even a doodle of Reginald,
and since I don’t have a scanner I’ve been using my camera, I think it’s okay. Also I drew this in a day instead of, like, a week or two, so that’s what I get for rushing. xD
I practicing foreshortening or whatever it’s called with Reginald’s arm. I think it turned out alright. Could be better, but I’m trying to get myself to not hate my art. :P
Hopefully I’ll draw them at least a few more times and get a feel for how to make them look decent. ^^;
…My brain is still trying to process the fact that this is a thing????? xD
A few of the highlights.
This screencap set will have to do until the wordgirlgifs blog can get this episode in HD and fill my request for a ton of gifs of these two. xD
Terrible video and audio quality, but beggers can’t be choosers.
And I woke up an hour early for work and stood in place for 12 minutes for this. So I don’t wanna hear any complaints out of you suckers. xD
I swear, this fandom is like a black market…
I can’t find most of the villain convention scenes, but…. here’s one of them? ^^;
I hope the video works right. I’m not very tech-savvy these days.
(Man, this scene always just makes me want a whole episode where Lady Redundant Woman and Ms. Question are constantly fighting one another. Just ‘cause the whole episode would basically be Grey DeLisle. xD But I also don’t like Ms. Question very much, so… it’s just as well. :P She doesn’t need to be in more episodes unless she gets put in her place, like in Where Have All The Villains Gone.)
Hmmmm… this looked better in my sketchbook. I don’t like it anymore.
The sizing is all wrong. And the scanner made it blurry. And also the sizing and lines are just… ugh. I don’t feel like redoing it either… ^^; The weird thing is that I had fun while I was drawing it, but… hm… I’m extremely disinclined to finish this… ^^;
I feel like on one hand I should color it since I don’t draw Ms. Question that often, but on the other hand… I just don’t want to color it. I don’t think it’d be good as its own picture even if I finished it.
Probably another candidate for the un-finished sketchdump, just like the animals scribbles. ^^;
I should’ve just drawn Ms. Question and given up. I draw LRW way too much anyway. ^^; And this picture doesn’t have the composition that I pictured in my head, so now it doesn’t have the whole ‘rivalry’ vibe that I was going for. I have no idea what I was trying to do with the expressions. ^^;
I don’t know how to art. What is art even anyway.
Finished this crazy thing… ^^; Too lazy to type up a decent description… but there’s a really long artist’s comment on dA, so if anyone actually cares in the first place, they can just go read it there. *shrug*